01 November 2007

World Unseen

Ah, you may wonder. What is this?! Has Ingrid lost it? A picture of ah.... hmm.... I will tell you, it is sort of a perspective of a smaller world within the larger world we live in. It is an outlet in the cement wall barrier between the Strand and the sand running along Hermosa Beach. It is a opening for the excess water to disappear so runners, bikers, and walkers do not have to walk through water. And these little openings offer abundance of life and a new way to perceive things. So in this glorious first shot, is a mass of webbing's with the displayed spider residing inside. What a grand view she has.
How in the world did I discover this? Well on my walk one evening while watching the sunset, I saw that there were some sunlight filtering through these cracks in the wall. And ah! thinks I. I wonder what it will look like if I squat down and put the camera on the ground and take a picture of this ray of vision. And lo, this is the vision I glimpsed through the eyes of a camera. Pretty amazing on my new found discovery. I would have never known it to exist. What other worlds live in the world we live in? Makes me wonder.
It is almost as thought I have become a miniature and provided such a sight. I feel like I am about to embark through the tunnel or leave a building to the opening of sand and the setting sun!
And some how gives me visions of Arabian Nights. (Not that I ever experienced Arabian nights of sand). But from this perspective one could envision miles of desert with the sun setting. In some ways this is correct... for a wee miniature. The realities between this world and mine that I experience now are quite different if one thinks about it. A whole world waiting to be seen and explored.

7 comments:

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Creative and gorgeous perspectives- have you thought about entering this type of photography/poetry in a contest? I love this! See you giddily on Thursday!!!

Gipsy Ing said...

I was thinking the same thing! Like one of those enteries that has a picture and you try to guess what it is. My dad could not figure it out just looking at the picture. Thought it was some hair with some odd looking clumps. And agreed that I "lost it."

I am coming to Tempe. Yippee, yippee, yippee do dah! So looking forward to seeing you both!

JoAnn said...

Wow, it really does look like an Arabian nights sort of thing, I can invision camels and tents on the other side. Very creative :)

Gipsy Ing said...

Looong time no see! Glad you liked it. I may have to go back and try to do all of the holes just to see what comes out from it. :)

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Hi Ingrid,

Did you have a safe trip home?

It was nice to see you!!!

Love, Rachel

Gipsy Ing said...

Dear Rachel,

Silly me for not getting back to you after I returned. I had a safe trip back albeit that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. The taxi I just happened to jump into was a maniac. I was truly hanging on for dear life praying that is was not the way I would want to end my life. The guy almost slammed into severval cars, swerving in and out of lanes. I almost said that if he wanted money he better bring me home safe: alive, conscious, and all in ONE piece! What a "welcome back to LA" that was. Definately was not in Tempe anymore if I had any doubts. What a rude awakening that was.

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Wow, and I thought we were scarey drivers!