31 October 2007

Have yourself a Happy little Halloween


Have yourself a happy little Halloween,
Let your heart be light,
from now on all our troubles will be miles away....
Ah yes, a Christmas song turned Halloween. I decided on this because lo and behold on my way home from the Halloween Frolic in El Segundo I see candy cane wreaths decorating lamp posts along the main road of Hawthorne Blvd. That sure did not take them long! From here on out it will be Christmas season. The scandles of marketing! I am still listening to "Halloween" music for goodness sakes. Music such as Danse Macbre, Socroceres Apprentice, and Night on Bald Mountain to name a few.

What you see is my invention. I carved a pumpkin tonight. The first time in 25 years. I always had help with the carving... could not be playing with the knifes, you know. I am happy with my creation... free hand style. Simple yet elegant. haha Looking forward to my pumpkin seeds for tomorrow. :)


Here we are as in olden days,
happy golden days of your,
faithful friends who are dear to us
gather near to us once more.


Through the years we all will be together,
If the faith allows
put a burning candle in the pumpkin smile
And have yourself a happy little Halloween now.

4 comments:

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Exquisite! I love the pictures of our Halloween together. You are helping the kids carve pumpkins and later you make some cider on the stove with Beannie. When you get here, you'll have to help me put a couple of pages in the scrapbook that I am making for Zabrina and Wyatt, so that when we leave, they have lots of happy memories to look through.

Gipsy Ing said...

And a wonderful Hallowe'en memory it was! I will always treasure that memory.

It is funny but Hallowe'en sticks out in my mind as far a memories go. There was a hilarious moment on Hallowe'en that involved my roommates and I. Trick or treating for canned goods for the food bank And for my first year in Arizona...the day after Hallowe'en when I found all of this money on the ground under some beer bottles littering the sidewalk on my way to campus and later met Swede for the first time.

I am glad a scrap book is being put together for Zabrina and Wyatt. There are so many treasured memories.

JoAnn said...

Nice pumpkin, hard to believe it is your first! I seem to remember trying to get family members to help me carve pumpkins and getting no takers.......um. I love your pumpkin, has such an innocent face :) I didn't carve ours this year as one cut from a knife would have split it in two, a mini pumpkin.

Gipsy Ing said...

What??? I thought we always were carving the pumpkins. I seem to recall dad telling me I could draw the face but could not cut into the pumpkin.
You should have at least drew a face on the pumpkin.
Innocent face. ha!