31 October 2007

Happy Halloween

I have been seeing a lot of Halloween festivities of late. The entire weekend I saw parties going on with lil' children running down streets in costumes while their parents attempt to keep up with them. Carnivals here and there. And the houses even more festive. Some more harvest decorated while some leaning to more Halloween scary. I know there are parties everywhere going on ranging from the local neighborhoods to the advertized clubies. I am attending the local neighborhood party... more wholesome with the kids and families having a hoot. Here is a bit of the scenery while on the Strand that is the row of beach houses on the beach (from Manhattan to Hermosa Beach).
Attack of the giant fury spiders. Ack!However, they look kind of friendly up close. Kind of....So a wee bit of sampling.
I could not find the house that had the lifelike heads. Now that was scary. Maybe a good thing they were not there anymore. Have a spooky Halloween. I am going dressed up as a gipsy kind of gal today for work. The only "costume" I have in my sampling of clothes. And realize I will probably be the only one dressed up. Too bad for the others.

4 comments:

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Happy Halloweeny to you too!!!

I hope you enjoy your party.

No plans here, just teaching tonight- both Swede and I. Maybe we'll catch a movie later.

I know your clients will love the festivity you bring them- what a gift!

Lots of love and be safe!

Gipsy Ing said...

Thanks! I hope you and Swede enjoy the evening in whatever you do.

Yes, I was the only one dressed up at work. Kind of sad. I do not think my supervisor was that pleased but who cares. Several of the bus drivers got a kick out of my attair. "Why, Ms. Perky, look at you!!!" I am called Ms. Perky by David. But we did have a wee bit of a celebration. One of the student's grandma sent in all of this candy so to be distributed among the students and staff.

Then after work I went to El Segundo. There were festivities there as well. A small carnvial with rides, games, bouncers (kid bouncers... what are we teaching them???), and a lively band. It was fun. I enjoyed watching the folks (children and adults alike dressed up). There are some creative costumes, that is for sure.

Now listening to "Halloween" music on the classical radio station. Music like Danse Macbre and Night on Bald Mountain, and the Socrocres Apprentice. Fun stuff :)

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Cool! My class fell through tonight and I am just burning CDs. Not listening to any Halloween music, tho- recovering all my old scratched CDs.

Yep, Swede and I are going to see:
'Into the Wild' is based on a true story and the bestselling book by Jon Krakauer. After graduating from Emory University in 1992, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless (Emile Hirsch) abandons his possessions, gives his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhikes to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters that shape his life.

Also, Swede's Dad will be here on Friday- Swede has a recital on Monday. I'll be recording it. He is going to play his own compositions!!! They are amazing!

Gipsy Ing said...

What??! I am missing Swede's concert. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was so close, so close to the date. ARGG