07 October 2007

What if Bush did Yoga?

Ah, what a question indeed!! I saw this on a window in Pasadena back in August. I took the picture because it did intrigued me. It was obvious that the owner was poking fun because it is hard to see but there are pictures of yoga postures and President Bush's head cut out and pasted on.

Seriously, this got me thinking and was thinking about it some more today as it came back to me. What if Bush did yoga? Would our president be any different? Would the last seven years be any different? Hmm.... thinks I.

I do not by any means support the majority of Bush's statements, actions, and behaviors over the last several years, and if that is not enough, voting not for him hopefully would show some indication that I do not prefer such a man of his character in office leading our nation.

And I thought, what if someone were to send a letter in concern for his health and well being. After all, one wonders about stress levels, pressures and such for a person in presidency. Instead of writing to complain about war issues, environmental issues, human rights, oil, etc. etc. etc., perhaps a letter asking how are you doing? I am concerned about your well being. I am not sure from the outcomes we have seen if you are in need of some time out. Have you considered yoga? Send him off to some revered yoga teacher in India or USA. Have you tried meditation? Go to a Vipassana retreat for 10 days. Go take a walkabout in some beautiful wilderness area with the local people of the region to support and guide you on your journey. Have you spent hours volunteering for a local shelter, habitat for humanity, helping out at some other charity?

The true point I am trying to make here is that in order for us as individuals to see change in our society, we need to start practicing more metta, loving-kindness from the heart. Showing true compassion of love. There are many circumstances in this world that do not support such ideology of peace and love. And many people who do not hold to the idea of this concept by their actions and behaviors we see. It is the whole idea of being one. We are not separate from the earth, each other, God, or the greater universe. We are connected.

It is kind of sad if President Bush were to respond and say no I have not done or choose to do such things. What an opportunity he is missing out not just because to build more compassion and understanding for a person of his position to reach out and learn about the different individuals and cultures that are impacted by a person with this form of leadership, but also misses out an opportunity to reach a part of his soul and spirit that may need a little rejuvenating and healing.

So President Bush, why not try some yoga? Might do the world of good.

4 comments:

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

I myself have thought that. His life is so hectic, and he is always working, always trying to do and say the right thing. I really do feel compassion for anyone who lives this type of lifestyle, but I also realize that it is their ego that prevents them from stopping.

I think it would be so nice if Bush and all of the other politicians did yoga together. That could really have an incredible impact. Hmmm... wonder if I might be able to do something.

Gipsy Ing said...

I can see the wheels in motion in your mind right now! :)

Yes, I am realizing more about the ego now than ever... even when I took all of those psych classes that always seem to discuss the id, superego and ego. In a lot of ways, I never really understood the ego in that terms in psychology especially for healing and therapy. It seems like one would try to break away from "ego" thoughts and be more open minded so to speak. Who knows.

But with Bush, yes, unfortunately his ego does get in the way I fear and does more harm than good. When it comes down to it, what has been done has been done. Finish with the blaming and pointing of fingers at the politicians and just try to help and heal.

We certainly have the power within us to change what needs to be changed.

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Exactly, and why does a politician feel so threatened by the idea of saying, "Sorry, it didn't work, let's try something new... " People in leadership roles never seem to want to admit their mistakes and move on. They will keep floundering in denial, dragging everyone down with them. It's really sad that someone is putting that kind of pressure on them that they can't be honest with themselves and everyone else. How limiting this is for all of us. We definitely need a "we're all one" perspective in order to lovingly embrace Bush and encourage him to do the right thing, or anyone we disagree with for that matter.

Gipsy Ing said...

Sometimes I wonder why is it that the ones with such knowledge of this and the message for "we are one" and healing do not go to become political leaders. Is it because the political areana is so full of scandals and the 'elite' group?