14 October 2007

A Moment

New dawn
Birds symphony jubilee
Sun kissed tree tops

I journey out of doors in the early morning hush. The sky is clear and light from the sun that has not yet risen about the tree line.

I settle down in company of a pine tree softly haven beckoned me come and enjoy this time together. The way has been strewn with pine needles, and I quietly made my way stepping lightly upon Mother Earth.

With warm tea to warm my hands, I breathe in the morning's hush. My mind begins to quiet, to rest and thoughts of my precious loved ones comes to me. I bless them and send them my loving spirit to them for health, safety, and joy. Then my thoughts cease to be.

My senses come to play and my consciousness alters to a different level. I am still of this world but not quite. Words of a haiku are created. The shifting morning is subtle. Time ceases to be in a blink of an eye that is eternity.

The crow's voices rise up in a chorus as they fly to tree top branches preparing for the first moment. Already the sun has reached an adjacent mountain. The mountain is aglow of colors yellow and green.

The moment in nearing. There is anticipation in the voices of the crows. The trees shiver with the slightest tremble but they are much older, wiser, and whisper, "Patience, patience." I breathe in their words. I shift my body's position ever so slightly crouching low. Sip at my tea. The newly sprung haiku speaks again.

Through the forested horizon, sparkles come to view. Rays filter through. Suddenly the golden rod and pine green tree tops are blazing with sun streaked colors. The trees shake gently with unison voices rippling, "Ah!" The crows cry out and fly to the ground in flocks. Tiny sun tipped wings flutter in unison to one tree branch to another across the blue sky. The first melody of the new dawn breaks forth.
During the midst of activity, I stand to full height. Smile. The pine floor finally feels the warmth of the sun rays. There are sparkles, crystals shimmering. The frost is light.

A grey squirrel comes to view moving among a neighbor's tree base, shifting through the pine needles. Then jumps to a branch out of view but his voice is heard chattering pleasantly. The crows that had come to the forest floor now rise up in flock chasing the leader who has scored his morning's treat. Their voices reverberate through the trees fading away, yet the vibrations continue.

The new dawn has arrived. A beginning, created a new with life and rebirth. This moment a timeless eternity stretching, unfolding, becoming.

Stepping lightly, I traverse the pine needle floor of sparkling crystals and continue my journey in footsteps following the way as the Warrior of the Light.

6 comments:

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Mmmm... a book of short meditations on nature waiting to happen. That was sensational (my word for the day it appears). I need a morning like that. I need one now- what am I waiting for?

Time to get out of the city!

So eloquent and blissfully serene.

Now, tell us the darn haiku, ,will ya?

Gipsy Ing said...

But I did. :) It was the green words before the short meditation.
I thought I was being obvious.

Now I know that my haiku do not follow any traditional formats. I just create them as they come to me. Richard Wright, a haiku writer did the same thing and I was like why I am counting changing the words just to follow the "rules" when he did not follow any rules except his own.

I love my mornings and yes, need more like those but then again perhaps made this one so precious. Harder to find the moments in the city but I think it is possible if in the right frame of mind and a place of inspiration. I should plan on doing this some time to either Santa Monica Mountains/Malibu or Palo Verdes. Both places offer great scenery and in a more less "city like" atmosphere.

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Oh, excuse me! When I came back to your sight, I saw it right away! but I guess I just wasn't expecting it, or looking for it before.

Zabrina is here with me:D She says, with a great big smile on her face, "Hi... COME BACK!!! WE MISS YOU!!!"

Hope you are having a lovely weekend:D

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Swede and I are going camping this weekend- Sunday and Monday! Funny how I posted my response to you, and then the next day Swede asks me to go camping. I wonder if he read your post and it inspired him, too?

I am personally taking 2 sleeping bags b/c it's going to be freezing!

Yummy- I'll write a haiku for you:D

Gipsy Ing said...

how wonderful, camping! Where are you going where it will be freezing??!! Cannot be that cold in Arizona. Utah???

Ah, just saw yet another one of those planes that carry the loads of water and that other stuff that they use. Air traffic has been busy.

I call it red October 23. It's red out`side. The sun is red because of all of the smoke, soot, ash falling from the sky.

I did not go for a walk/hike for my beach run. It takes me 10 minutes to walk home and already I was congested with the smoke and debris.

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Wow, Ingrid, maybe you will be coming to see us sooner than you thought. Be careful! Follow your instincts- leave if your gut instinct even hints at it softly. Better to be safe than sorry. With all those people, evacuation could be extremely difficult. Stay ahead of the curve. No job is worth it- you have us...